Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Things I learnt over the holiday season

- That Ross-on-Wye and Hay-on-Wye are two different places. Although I am still convinced that Ross is more than capable of holding a world renowned literary festival. Despite its seeming lack of bookshops. Probably.

- That knitting is bloody hard. I mean Jesus. Whilst I am very happy with my seven rows of a square, it might take a while to knock out a jumper at this rate. Knitters of the world I salute you.

- That my scrabble game needs work.

- That Bath ales are actually brewed in Bristol. OK so that probably doesn't sound earth shattering, but it surprised me. Or at least it did after my fifth pint of the stuff. Yum.

- That my brother loves me. And that I love him.

- That I know some bloody amazing people around the world. Bristol, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Geneva et al. Wow. We're all on our own journeys, and are travelling at our own speeds, but I know we'll all meet at the other end.

No comments: