Thursday, January 26, 2006

Another day...

The routine is now the problem. Wake up in an empty bed. Have breakfast in front of the TV. Sit on a train reading a book. Enter my silent office, where the only noise disturbing the silence is that of keyboards clicking. The first meeting of the day and I am already dreaming of leaving. Dreaming of a different life away from here. Dreaming of things I haven't done, places I haven't seen and experiences yet to be experienced. But, of course, something drags me down, the same thought that hits me every day. Memories, dreams and hopes all converge into something which I can't understand. And through all of this one image sticks in my mind so strongly that I think it has been burned into my very consciousness. An image of life that I may never live, but one which I cannot give up hope for.

No comments: