Thursday, March 16, 2006

Home is where the heart is...or the heart is where the home is

As I sit in the train, some Paul Simon lyrics float into my ever distractable brain. He apparently had the inspiration for the song in Widnes of all places. I've never been there, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind if I never am. But the words are perhaps more apt as a result of that. For me the word 'home' has so many different meanings. Is it here in this foreign land, is it the small town where I was born, the city where I grew up, or the city where I became who I am. So I'm torn in different directions. My heart says one way, my brain says another, and my feet just wonder their own path regardless, waiting silently for me.

1 comment:

ladelentes said...

i'm coming up against the same questions. i think the trick is to follow the feet and forget the brain and the heart ;)

i promise i won't let myself be swallowed