Monday, September 25, 2006

Death and life

Sad news yesterday of a distant relative and then today of seven colleagues I never had the chance to know. And I don't quite know exactly how I should feel.

But then you see how these people touched the lives of others, people who loved them and people who never even knew them. Such beautiful words and thoughts. Emails and messages from people from around the world who just care, about the people, their families and their work. And in such a moment of sadness for so many people, I can't not but feel hope.

And then I think back to the hazy memories of my relative. Uncle Harold, although he wasn't really my uncle. The small house he shared with his late brother. He stories of the war, the fact that he was always happy to see my brother and... and whilst writing this I realise he wasn't that distant at all.

Peace.

No comments: