Monday, December 05, 2005

Closure

Silence broken. Tears flow, especially from me. Glasses smashed. Red wine stains now all over the sofa.

An interesting evening followed by a great day. Tears of joy whilst walking together. Knowledge that these are fleeting, final, moments.

Back home. More conversation. Some hard truths. Some hurtful realities. More tears (mostly from me again - it takes me years to cry like this, so I'm making up for lost time)

I now know where I stand and can see the future ahead. I'm scared, lost and unsure of what to do next. But there is only one direction. Forwards.

Too simple? Perhaps. Have my feelings changed? No. Will the coming days and weeks hurt? Definitely.

But I can no longer hide behind if, buts and maybes. There are no magic wands to be found and when I wake up tomorrow things will be the same as they are now.

But for the first time in weeks I think that's ok. But then again, maybe you should and see what I post tomorrow........

1 comment:

ladelentes said...

keeping an eye on you...