Sunday, December 18, 2005

Conversations

There was an old advert for British Telecom featuring Professor Stephen Hawkings in which he says, via his computerised voice, 'It's good to talk'. I kind of took this for granted, but of late I've begun to appreciate it's true meaning. For so much of the time in our lives we don't talk, or at least don't talk about the things that really matter. I know I've been very guilty of this. My conversations would be about the banal, everyday events of life; sport, television, work, flats. You know, the usual. In fact I'd talk about lots of things, except the one thing I really should have been discussing: feelings. Of late, this has changed, and now I want to explore my inner thoughts, my desires, where my life if going and where I want it to go. And I feel much better for that.

Last night it continued. I said some things that I'm glad I said. I don't know what the outcome will be, but whatever happens I don't regret what I said. I'm being honest and I think that is well overdue.

No comments: