Monday, December 19, 2005

Touch

Being English I've got used to a lack of physical contact in my life. When it happens it is often either forced or formal. A firm hand shack is about as close as it gets. Perhaps my Englishness is an excuse (I think it is) but I'm really missing those moments of contact. With those you love and those whose paths you cross. Walking down a street and slowing taking a hand in yours. A gentle touch on the shoulder to show you care. Feet just lying there waiting to be tickled. A cuddle to signify the warmth you feel. The sense of another breath as it comes into contact with your skin. An embrace. A kiss... those endless moments when you cease to be one and become something more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A firm hand shack sounds like more than anyone should bargain for -